Sunday, March 15, 2009

Pill Cutting Day

I'm pretty sure if the DOJ got these photos out of context they'd be busting down the door.


This is Lucky's latest bottle of prednisolone. Each pill had to be cut into quarters. I have a pill cutter from the pharmacy but it's complete crap. So, instead, it's me with a razor blade and a chopping block.


The pills are incredibly small to start with. So cutting them into quarters isn't easy. I lose about...5-6 pills per bottle to mis-cuts.

We're exploring the idea of perhaps switching to regular prednisone at 1mg. I'm uncertain how I feel about this. On the one hand, it's a slightly lower dose than we're on now. And it would be more regular from day to day since his dose wouldn't be dependent on how I cut the pills. But going to prednisone means his liver would have to metabolize it into prednisolone... and I'm uncertain whether I want to go that route since he'll be on this medication for the next 10-12 years (god willing) and I worry about the long-term effect on his liver.

No comments: